Wednesday, 17 August 2016


Precision  Notts Senior League
Premier Division
Admission £2
Programme £1

Aston United FC are newcomers to the Precision Senior Senior League and in their debut match away at Clifton All Whites at the weekend they returned woth the points in a 3-2 victory, whilst Bilborough Town were hosts at their new Harvey Haddon Stadium Ground beating Basford United Community 2-0. Aston playing at the New Manor Ground, the home of Ilkeston FC, so the ground is a great credit.

We were running on time to get to the ground, when people in cars began turning round, in the distance we saw a lorry jack knifed and a motorbike on the road, after bring diverted by the police, we found out at the ground that a motor biker had lost his life, so it really put football on the back step tonight.

As we reached the gate, I was met by Mansfield Hosiery Mills FC Chairman and ex Football League Referee Russell Booth, as his son Will was the referee of tonights encounter. The two ladies on the gate greeted me, Hazel and Shawn and then a few supporters who knew us said their greetings. I the popped up to the officials changing rooms for the team lines ups and met Ian Smith and Steve Bingham who were the Assistants.

The Aston Manager was running around sorting programmes and that out, as Paul Brookes the secretary had been caught up in the traffic, whe he arrived, he was sort of someone to do the tea bar, so Hazel stepped in and with Paul;s permission charged 50p a cup ad thhe money went to the Blogs Charity, to which it made £7 on the night, a BIG thankyou to Paul and to Aston United FC for their kind donation. This is when Russell asked if Hazel would do the tea bar at Mansfield Hosiery Mills FC on Friday Night as they play local club Underwood Villa Reserves FC at 7.30pm.

The players entered the pitch and Aston looked the better of the sides for the first 10 minutes and then on the break, on 13 minutes, ex Dunkirk striker MARK GREEN hit a shot across the keeper in to the left side of the goal. The game was being played at a frantic pace from end to end and the next goal would be vital.

In to the Second Half and it was the visitors who were pressing on the attack and five minutes in to the half, JACK NICHOLSON fired them back on to level terms. The game was very level and still played at a high tempo and on 75 minutes LIAM TAYLOR struck home the winners, though Aston had one last gasp effort where the Tow keeper had to be alert to keep the ball out.

Photos from the game can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment