Sunday 7 August 2016

THE CORRS BLAST GARSTANG TO OPENING DAY WIN

West Lancs League
GARSTANG FC 3 COPPULL UNITED FC 2

After presenting the charity blogs cheque to The Foxton Centre in Preston in the morning, Hazel dropped me off at the bus station where I caught the number 40 bus that dropped me in Garstang town centre. The ground I couldnt find and I asked several adults and some didnt kow they had a football club, but a lesson learned is always ask kids and they know everything and 3 girls pointed me in the right direction.

On arrival at the ground, I was greeted by Steve and soon the refreshment ladies arrived and was able to get a cuppa, The club committee were very friendly and welcoming and they sorted both sides line ups for me.

Just before kick off, I bumped in to a hopper from Essex annd then I was joined just at kick off by Rob a hopper from Yorkshire.

Te game kicked off and it was the homesters on the front foot having a couple of early chances, but after 6 minutes, the visitor broke and CALLAM CANT slotted them in to the lead. Garstang were going to sit back and forced themselves forward and were playing the better football and were soon on level terms after 11 minutes, when RICHARD CORR was left at the back post to tap in from close range(as photo above).

The game flowed at a good level in the bright sunshine but the scores remained  even for half time.

The Second Half kicked off and Garstang had their best spell of the game and took advantage of this when they netted and took the lead after a drive by ALAN CORR on 52 minutes.

IT was then Coppull who upped their game and attacked gainned reward on the hour in a equaliser through a OWN GOAL.

Both sides were eager for the three points as the game went from one end of the pitch to the other,but it was the homesters who snatched the win on 84 minutes when RICHARD CORR headed home.

PHOTOS from the game can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment