Wednesday 8 March 2017

MAJOR NEWS ABOUT CHARITY BLOG

MAJOR NEWS ABOUT MY CHARITY BLOG

Each season I set up a new Charity Football Blog which I raise funds by sponsoring 25p each goal I see throughout the season from March to March, we usually end the running total to a seasons charity before the Precision Notts Senior Football League Semi Finals, that way the funds Hazel raises at those games through the raffles, give the new Blog a good start on a running total.

We are very pleased that people and clubs/officials and players/supporters have kindly donated towards this years charity which was the 10th Mansfield Scout Group where we have raised a great total of £656.00 to which we would like to thank everyone for their support. The cheque will be handed over at the 10th Mansfield Scouts Groups AGM.

The BIG news is that we have already began raising for this years Charity which me and my wife Hazel decided to be  The MAGGIES CANCER CENTRE, a charity that supports and offers advice and care to Cancer Patients at Nottingham City Hospital and also their families. More can be read about their work in the link at the bottom of this article.

This is a Charity very close to my heart, as many of those who know me, I have fought and beaten Hodgkins Lymphomia twice in 1990 and again in 1997 and I am one of the very lucky people to have survived.

We have already had a opening donation from Herbie of £10.00.

If anyone would like to help support or make a donation, please see me at any of the matches I attend or please email me on hornby60uk@yahoo.uk  it doesnt matter how small the donation, it will be greatly appreciated and you will get a mention on the new blog once Ive set it all up for the 2017-18 season.

Here is a website link to Maggies

No comments:

Post a Comment