Wednesday 15 March 2017

MAGGIES GETS OFF TO FLYING START

MAGGIES GETS OFF TO FLYING START

Only last week, me and Hazel announced that the 2017-18 Aroundthegrounds Charity Blog would be for MAGGIES CANCER CENTRE at City Hospital in Nottingham. A Charity very close to me, having fought and beaten Hodgkins Lymphomia twice in 1990 and again in 1997, I know that I am a very lucky chap as many people havent quite made it through, so I never grumble.

Since last week, I have received many pledges, as we announced the cause and how we were taking donations NOW and also how the Precision Notts Senior Football League would be kindly allowing my Wife Hazel to do the raffle at all 4 semi finals and 2 cup finals for the cause.

We already have a running total, as Herbie and Sue from Newark gave me £10 the other Saturday when I bumped in to them, then our best man at our wedding Greg Osborne and his Dad Mick kindly donated £20 between them, as the cause is very close to them, as Greg;s mum is fighting the dreaded C at present, so our best wishes go out to her and her family. With the  goals scored @ 25p per goal I see scored and I saw 2 scored at Aston United v Magdala Amateurs last Saturday, the running total currently stands at £30.50p.

This Saturday I am attending Sandiacre Town FC v Bingham Town FC with a 3pm kick off, so if any players or clubs or supporters would like to make a donation, then please see me at the game, no matter how little, it all helps. I cant thank people and clubs enough.

The Link to MAGGIES CANCER CENTRE is on this LINK

I will be setting up the new blog very soon

No comments:

Post a Comment