Sunday, 5 February 2017


Nottinghamshire FA Minor County Cup
Semi Final
After Extra Time
Programme £1.50
Att: 45

A proper blood thirsty Semi Final tie in which both teams didnt hold back and wanted that place in the Final. Aslockton Cranmers were favourites to win the tie and did their First and last ever programme, as they are altering their name for next season.

There was a healthy crowd of 45 attending the match including hoppers Les from Halifax who kindly donated £5 to the Charity Blog and Dave and Terry from down South, along with Pete from Mansfield, plus a large group of Wollaton Wags who cheered their side all through the game.

Aslockton are having a brand new pavillion built and although at present it is in a shell shape with roof on, it was the ideal place for them to serve refreshments from and the cakes looked lovely but I stuck to my diet and had a sausage roll.

The game kicked off and a few tasty challenges started to go in from both sides, but Referee Lee Clarke tried to play the advantage as much as he could to keep the game flowing. After 6 minutes, it was the homesters who took a early lead when a corner from the right hand sode was headed home by 16 year old PIERCE HALLAM. 

Aslockton could well have doubled their lead on 20 minutes, when a long range shot hit the post and rolled along the goal line for Slater to gather. This missed chance seemed to spur Wollaton on and on 25 minutes, a free kick from the right side was met by the head of their captain SIMON CASSIDY to head in the equaliser.

Half time came and the Second Half saw Aslockton on the attack and again in the 70th minute, another shot hit the post and rolled along the line, very similar to the one in the first half.

The game was starting to get a bit scrappy and the referee had to deal out some yellow cards, as some players were beginning to lose their discipline.

Wollaton could say they were unlucky in the final minutes of normal time, when Morgan Young was clear through and shot straight at Joe Fryer to save, but on the next attack, they had claims for a penalty turned down as the ball looked to strike the Aslockton;s defenders arm in the area.

In to Extra Time the tie went and within 3 minutes, Aslockton took the lead through a beautiful worked goal, when the ball was laid back out the penalty area for MAX SHENTON to turn and volley home. The final piece of play of extra time first half saw Aslockton increase their lead to 3-1 when a corner from the left side was headed back across the box for PIERCE HALLAM to head in.

In the First minute of Second Half of Extra Time, Aslockton must have thought they had put this game to bed as DOM WILLIAMS made it 4-1, but in the next minute Wollaton reduced the arrears through MARCUS YOUNG to 4-2.

Again as Wollaton chased the game, their discipline erupted with a late tackle and they were down to 10 men, but the tie was far from over as after 115 minutes, they were awarded a penalty and Aslockton were reduced to the same number of players. Joe Fryer was equal to the spot kick to keep his sides two goal advantage. Before the end of the game, another Wollaton player was sent off, so they finished the game with nine men.

The 3 officials had a very difficult game but under the circumstances did very well, even though some of the players may disagree.

After the match, Aslockton Cranmers FC kindly donated £10 to the Charity Blog, which now takes the running total to over £600.

Aslockton Cranmers FC will have to wait to see who they face in the Final, as the oter Semi Final was called off, as there had been a police car chase and made the pitch at Carlton Hill unplayable.

Photos from the Tie can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment