Sunday, 29 January 2017


Precision Notts Senior League
Premier Division

With Hazel;s daughter over for the weekend and them attending her brother in laws party in the evening, I had already made plans to go to football alone, when I left Mansfield at 10am, it was belting it down with rain, so thought no camera today, plus if Attenborough FC was called off, I could get the trams to Nottingham Trent Uni on the 3g. Hazel dropped me at Hucknall, where I got the tram and the sun began to shine, I decided to stay on the tram till Beeston and got off and had a pie from Birds and then caught the bus to the main road in Attenborough and walked down the long lane to the ground.

All credit to the Attenborough committee as they were working on the pitch to get the game on, it was a heavy pitch but looked superb. Had a cuppa and a chat with the 3 officials and got the teams line ups from both sides, before heading to pitch side.

Attenborough are towards the bottom end of the table, as they have a new manager and a totally new squad, whilst Wollaton seem to win a game then lose a game.

The game kicked off and Attenborough were first to settle in to the game and had Wollaton on the back foot and after 9 minutes, they were in front through LIAM McCORMACK. This seemed to wake Wollaton up, with Ben Moore shouting out instructions from the side lines, but both sides then had to make very early substitutes. This seemed to effect Attenborough the most and within a minute after 13 minutes,DAN CHADWICK had pulled it back to 1-1.

The game then swung to and fro with both sides equally attacking, but after 33 minutes,
 the home keeper bought down the Wollaton right winger for a penalty to which JAKE FISHER dispatched though the keeper did get a good hand to it to put his side in front. The first half though was quite even and in the interval I spoke to a groundhopping couple from Kimberley who had come to watch the game and we felt the game was there for any of the clubs to go and win.

The Secong Half began and it was the homesters on the attack and the visiting keeper was forced in to 2 very good saves to keep his clubs lead in tact. On 57 minutes, the visitors increased their lead when a lob hit the crossbar and SEAN CRAVEN was first to react and head the ball home. After 62 minutes a superb run and weave through the Attenborough defence was finished by JAKE FISHER to make it 4-1. Jake Fisher then on 67 minutes cut down the left wing and set up LIAM TOWLE to head in to a empty net. On 72 minutes ASH KELLY completed the scoring. We then had a massive downpour and the players carried on playing but just wanted to see time out. Though it was 6-1 to Wollaton, Attenborough;s players heads didnt drop and they tried to keep playing.

Must give a mention to all 3 officials ref Craig Langton and his Assistants James Tewson & Michael Evans, who had a very good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment