Sunday, 14 May 2017


Precision Nottinghamshire Senior League Cup Final
@ Dunkirk FC
Att: 272
A very exciting Cup Final ended with Cotgrave FC lifting the Notts Senior League Cup Trophy. The game played in bright sunshine in front of a crowd of 272 at the Ron Steel Sports Ground, the home of Dunkirk FC.

Nottingham Trent University had the first chance after only 14 seconds, when the Cotgrave keeper was called in to early action. After 5 minutes, Cotgrave took the lead, when a cross was whipped in and Uni defender CONNOR BARTLE turned the ball past Jake Cox in the Uni net.

Cotgrave continued to press forward, but finding Cox in great form. On the half hour, the Uni side began to come more in to the game, with a free kick that just dipped over the bar.

After 42 minutes, the men in pink, gained their first corner of the game, to which the Cotgrave backmen tried to clear, just outside the penalty area, where DAN BUSCH hit a 35 yard volley to pull his side level.

On 53 minutes, Cotgrave retook the lead, when ADAM GRAY chipped Cox from just outside the penalty area.

The Uni pushed forward and in the 64th minute, they were awarded a penalty after a trip, up stepped sub AKIM AKIMBINU to smash the ball down the centre of the net to make it 2-2.

In the 76th minute, NTU went close to taking the lead for the first time in the tie, when a Jon Coates shot went close. 

With the clock ticking down and looking likely that the game may go in to extra time as the 2 well matched sides both went in search of a winner, on 78 minutes, Cotgrave;s top striker broke away from his defender and run towards Cox and though Cox got a hand to LEE POTTS effort, it was too good a chance for him to miss the follow up to take the League Cup home to Cotgrave FC.

League Guest of honour Andy Rolfe named Cotgrave FC;s JOE HEGGERTY as man of the match but presenting the 4 officials who had a superb game and both sides their medals, before handing the Cup to Cotgrave captain LEE POTTS

Me and Hazel would like to thank all that supported the Charity Raffle at the Final and she raised a whooping £151, after the match the Referee James Tewson and 4th Official Lewis Quayle both donated £5 each to take the running total for MAGGIES CANCER CENTRE at Nottingham City Hospital to a amazing £847.90p.

All the photos taken from the Final, you will find on this LINK

Well that is the 2016-17 season over apart from Wembley for Non League Day but pre season starts again very soon and if your clubs have any pre season friendlies in the Midlands area, please let me know and I will gladly advertise them on my Charity Blog.

The NEW CHARITY BLOG 2017-18 is already up and running, here is the LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment